Oxalis triangularis or purple shamrock is highly “photophilic”, which means that they open and close not just their blooms, but also their leaves in response to light. At night, it is neatly folded. However, it looks like a cluster of little purple butterflies that open wide to the morning light.
Secret of success:
- Prefers a sunny location (75% filtered light). Rotate the pot as the blooms follow the sun.
- Requires well-drained soil.
- Allow the soil to dry out between waterings.
- Fertilise lightly during the growing period.
- Oxalis triangularis occasionally go dormant, looking like the entire plant has died. Just stop watering and let the soil thoroughly dry. Resume watering when see a new leaf emerge.
Pot diameter: 8cm
Plant height: 20cm (including pot height)
*Keep away from kids and pets*
Not everyone is born with a green thumb but thankfully there are tips, hacks, and tricks to keep your plants alive and thriving. Understanding the needs of your plants will lead to reduced stress, cleaner air, and a happier environment.
Read more on Plant Prep & Care for more care tips.
Please Note: The pictures are for reference only. The picture might be little different from the actual items because of screen and lighting effect.